Friday, January 30, 2009

I was overserved


Last month I got bombed. Not kind of drunk...full-on blacking out, throwing up on my husband ( who probably deserved it) partying like I haven't been out of the house in 15 years drunk. I spent the whole next day crawling between the toilet and my bed. The kids were incredibly sympathetic. Sympathy I did not deserve. They brought me breakfast in bed and wrote me get- well cards. Ironically, they treated me with much greater tenderness than they had a month before when I had surgery. The next day, I was still not feeling right but pulled myself together enough to get up and run some errands. One of the stores we had to go to was closed by the time we got there and in my second-day-hangover-shame-spiral, I said " oh man, I can't do anything right". Maddie, my optimistic child answered from the backseat " That's not true, mom! You sure know how to get drunk!" 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it was the ham.

Anonymous said...

[It's Lisa.]

I LOVE MADDIE.
Omfg.
That's the funniest thing ever.
I can't picture you drinking that much, really.